Friday, January 30, 2009

Ethics from my Snowboarding Trip

Hello again everyone. Thank you to the 1 person who responded to my last random blog post with an issue. This one will not be about me but will contain an issue someone I met while snowboarding. Please post about the ideas around the issue and not gossip stories. Tell me what you think of what the man said and whether he was right or wrong about the idea and your reasons or morals why he was wrong.

Story:

I was getting my snowboard stuff ( boots, board, bindings, helmet, etc.) and I started to talk to the guy, and he started to tell me a story about one of the times he came down the mountain. I'll give some background to help with the understanding. If you have never been skiing or snowboarding the grade or rate the trails on a scale of green being the easiest or circles to double diamond or black to being the hardest with blues or squares being the intermediate trails. Well as the story goes he was coming down the mountain on his snowboard on the blue trails. When he was coming the down the mountain a family with their 7 or 8 year old child was coming down as well. The child crashed in front of the snowboarder and he ended up running into the child and injuring himself pretty bad while the child escaped without harm. Now he thought the family should be sorry towards him since he was injured and the child was not. He dislocated his shoulder and couldn't snowboard the rest of the season.

The question I ask is whether or not you think the snowboarder should feel bad for hitting the child or should the parents feel bad since he was the one who was injured. Why or why not. Give your reasons in a comment and I will give back my thoughts on the situation. What other information if any would you like as well.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment